Monday, October 2, 2017

Legendary theatre ghost caught on camera in Scotland

Perth Theatre’s famous Grey Lady has been captured on camera by a staff member working at the newly-refurbished venue.

Alex Tosh, a front of house assistant, captured the spooky spectre floating in the “gods”, the highest part of the auditorium, and posted the image online.

He tweeted: “While looking through my photos from the tour of @HorsecrossPerth refurb, I spotted we had a little visitor looking down from the gods!”

The image shows a ghostly grey wisp apparently seated at the edge of the balcony while two workers dressed in high-visibility clothing and hard hats obliviously continue with their duties.

Alex later added: “I didn’t notice the ghost until I was looking back the pictures the following day, when I spotted I was so excited to go and show everyone at work, but I never expected it to create such a sensation.



“I wasn’t surprised when I saw the ghost in the gods as my manager had told me many story’s about ghostly goings in the theatre when it was open before the refurbishment, every theatre has its ghost stories but as these seem a lot closer to home as it is our local theatre.”


The snap prompted Scots TV star Colin McCredie to reveal that he had had his own ghostly experience while working at the theatre in the mid-1980s.

He said: “I did the follow spot on my own on for four or five shows around then. It was always terrifying. A strange aura for sure.”

Jen Hoy, front of house manager at the theatre, said: “Perth Theatre has many resident ghosts that members of staff, audiences and visiting artists have spotted over the years.

Full Story: Courier UK

No comments: